Two of these friends have moved back to the USA, and so did I. This is one way to keep in touch and feel connected somehow.
We agreed on a 12 inch finished block, and the focus fabric of one yard and the background fabric of 1/2 yards were given, also a fat eights of black batik. I opted not to use the black in my block.
I pondered for a long time, decided on a block and made a practice block. It came out at 15 inches, to big.
So I went and searched for a another one, just to realize that my background fabric was not enough.
I found this block here:
I had to do some changes to the block to make the green back ground fabric last, so I altered the block just a bit. But I am happy with the changes.
All of my blocks make this design, and I like the secondary pattern in it.
I realized after I took this photo, that the last block on the right side on the third row has an error in it. I will have to do the frog stitch and fix that.
I am excited to get the other eleven block and send mine of to the girls, and see how every body lays out the blocks for the quilt. The finished quilts will be so different.