It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Good bye to my leader's and ender's quilt.

I have started doing leader and ender piecing way back in March after Bonnie Hunter was here.
Ich habe Anfaenger und Ender Stuecke angefangen zu naehen im Maerz nachdem Bonnie Hunter hier war.

First green, than blue. This unit gets sewn to another green unit.
Zuerst gruen, dann blau. Dises Stueck wird an ein anderes gruenes Teil genaeht.

Than four of them together like this make the block.
Vier Teile zusammen machen einen Block
This is the top. The pattern is called fraction, but it is also in the " Jelly Roll Quilts " book by Pam and Nicky Lintott
I have agonized all week about a border, since this is a scrap quilt I didn't want to buy fabric. I have a lot of fabric, but never the right one. 

Das hier ist der Top. Das Muster heist Fraction, aber der quilt ist auch in dem Buch " Jelly Roll Quilt " bei Pam und Nicky Lintott.
Ich habe die ganze Woche mir den Kopf zerbrochen was fuer eine Borde, da es ja ein scrap quilt ist und ich keinen Stoff dazu kaufen wollte. Ich habe genuegend Stoff, aber nie den richtigen.



Now I am using these lovely strips to make my own border.
Jetzt benuetze ich diese nette Stoeffle Streifen und mache meine eigene Borde.

4 comments:

quilthexle said...

Looks great! you started in March, and now you're almost finished? WOW! I think your selfmade-border will compliment your quilt just perfect ;-))

Tina said...

Thanks Frauke. The border is giving me some trouble. I will have to work on it next week, because I am packing for my trip.

quilthexle said...

Hm ... how does Bonnie calls those borders? Piano Key? That's what I saw in front of my inner eye?

kms handmade said...

That's cool! I like how that pattern works.