It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Friday, February 27, 2015

HUA Challenge Quilt

The small but talented Group HUA's had a challenge last year.
Every member ( there are six of us ) got assigned a three colors of the color wheel. 
We were not allowed to add black /white to the challenge. Each of us had to come up with a block 
in these colors and every one in the group made blocks also. 
My colors were yellow and blue and green. Instantly I thought of yellow stars on the blue background, but what do to with the green? 
Aha, put it in the center! 

I even hand quilted the center of the stars.


The background is quilted just straight with my Pfaff machine. 
Sometimes I miss my Millie. 



The border fabric was a trade from my friend Jeri,
 and I did the quilt as you go method. I decided on green for the border,
 since there was so much blue in the quilt already. 

I am happy with the quilt . 

4 comments:

Sabine said...

Das ist mal ne tolle Variante zu den üblichen blau-gelben Sternenquilts! Was ist mit Millie passiert?

wirhuas.blogspot.de said...

Oh, you are fast!!!(As always..!) I don't even have all my blocks. I like how your quilt turned out. Did we already think about a new project :-)))

Barbara S. said...

Hallo Tina, die Sterne sind genial!Gute Idee mit dem Grün im Zentrum. Gratuliere.

ingequilts said...

Hallo Tina,
toll, Deine Sterne. Die strahlen ja nur so um die Wette.