It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Modern Grandmother's Flower Garden

I bought myself the book 
hexa yo-yo by Tacha Bruecher 
lastyear and fell in love with 
this modern hexagon quilt.

I got started right away with the hexagons, 
in bright colors. 
As background I used grandmother's linens
that some good friends shared with me. 


I went crazy with the border and , adding pieces of 
different fabrics to get the size I wanted, and than I cut
two sides of the borders wavy. 

This is my back, pieced and with a soft raspberry flannel and the brown
polka dot fabric I used as border. 

You can see some of the machine quilting that my friend Jeri from Soundview
Long Arm Quilting did. Wonderful job. 
Now I am trying to decide if I need to do any stitching or buttons in the yellow centers. 
What do you think? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful Tina! And so you -- love the orange tilt of the whole quilt! Jeri's quilting is perfect for it -- will have to keep that in mind. :-)
DebM