It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Jump start quilting class projects.

On Saturday I had my last Jump Start quilting class ( here in Germany )  and three wonderful young woman took part in it,  and a good friend. The ladies were eager to learn, enthusiastic and so much fun to teach. We use the Jacob's Ladder block and I am always amazed how every body's piece comes out so different. Not just the different fabrics, but also the way the lay out the 4-patches and half square triangle units , which I give them the oppertunity to play around with . Here are the pieces not quilted yet, but just look at them. They are so cool!


Am Samstag lehrte ich meinen letzten Jump Start quilting Kurs ( hier in Deutschland ) und drei wunderbare junge Frauen haben daran Teil genommen, und eine gute Freundin. Die Damen waren so begierig zum lernen,  begeistert  und es hat so viel Spass gemacht es ihnen bei zu bringen. Wir benutzen den Jakobs Leiter Block und es verwundert mich jedesmal wie unterschiedlich die Stuecke herauskommen. Nicht nur die verschiedenen Stoffe, sondern auch wie die 4-patches und half square triangle Stuecke gelegt werden, da ich den Teilnehmern freien Wahl gebe. Hier sind die Tops, noch nicht gequilted . Sind die nicht toll?




Original Jacob's Ladder by Tracy
Das Original von Tracy

Mary's variation
Variation von Mary

Andrea's variation
Variation von Andrea

Ana's variation
Variation von Ana

All four pieces, they look so different, just by moving the units and adding a square. 
Alle vier Stuecke, sehen so unterschiedlich aus nur durchs anders legen und ein quadrat noch dazu.

2 comments:

kms handmade said...

It's so sad that it was your last class here! Sniff sniff! Their blocks are fun! I like that purple one a lot!

Corinnea said...

Oh man I know you will be missed at the shop very, very much!!
The blocks are so pretty, looks like everyone had a lot of fun!