It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Scrappy Quilt Number four

 A few month ago I started making these little churn dash blocks in one color way with scrap fabrics. 
The blocks are finished 51/2 inches. 
Initially I wanted to set them on point with a solid cream square , but than I decided not to. 

I still set them on point, but without a solid square. 
I wanted to use up some my  scrap binding ( I make continuous bias binding and keep any left overs over 20 inches )
 so instead of a cream solid  border next to the blocks I did scrap pieces of fabrics and than did a solid cream on cream as the last border so I can show off the colorful binding. 

This is my favorite block. Can you guess why, lol! 

I used a pantograph named  Splish-Splash to quilt the quilt  that Aby had used on some of her quilts. Thanks Aby for this tip,  I like that design. 
I like how the center puffs up, and the design was fitting since it rained and rained while I was quilting and binding this quilt. 

4 comments:

quilthexle said...

You're on a roll right now, hm? LOVE this one !

mamarazza said...

Tina, that's LOVELY!!! Go for more!!!

kms handmade said...

It looks awesome Tina!!!

Corinnea said...

The choice you made to leave the white blocks out made the quilt stunning! Love the scrappy border too. Awesome quilt Tina!!