It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Grandma's Bed Sheets and borrowed Polka Dots

Some month ago ( maybe even a year or two) a friend of mine made this polka dot quilt and I had to make one too. So I collected polka dot fabrics. The white background fabric are bedsheets that my German friends shared with me. 


I love this quilt, it is so happy and bright. 

I did some hand embroidery on the inside of the polka dotted squares. 
The pattern is from a quilting stencil. 

I just did an all over meander on this quilt,
 since I wanted to avoid having stitches in the embroidery parts. 
I had to borrow some polka dot fabric from my neighbor since I wanted to make this border but ran out of my stash. 



2 comments:

mamarazza said...

You are back!!!!
Home - booooh :-(((((
On the blog - yaiihhh!! :-))))
I remember you collecting the dots and love the quilt you've made with them. xoxo

Corinnea said...

Very bright and happy! Love it!