It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

International block exchange.

In 2013 a group of former quilt guild members from Germany , and some that are back here in the US  and I decided to do an International block exchange . Each member received a yard of focus fabric and a half yard of background fabric. The block was to be 12 inches finished , and we have 12 members. So each one of us came up with a block.
I choose the Wyoming Valley Star.

This is what just my block would have looked like., 
setting four blocks by three blocks.  

After I finished my top wit all the different quilt blocks I received,
 I added some focus fabric for the border, just to realize I did not have quite enough. 

What I did have was some scraps of the fabrics I used for my block. 
So I came up with a nine patch to use as the corner stones. 


I cut two sides of the quilt border freehand sligthly curvy,  
and finished it with a green bias binding. 

I took this picture of the finished quilt early Sunday morning while the ground was frozen. 
I am happy with the finished quilt. 

2 comments:

kms handmade said...

Your border is cool Tina! I like that part is wavy and part is straight. And very clever with the little nine patch!

Corinnea said...

This is gorgeous! I agree with Kelly the wavy border and nine patch are very clever.