It is always my birthday


Whenever I like something it is always my birthday.
And I like a lot. My friends know this and let me be. Great friends.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Modern Quilt with Men's Shirting Fabric

 I recently joined a International Modern Quilt Guild  ( see here, Modern Quilt Guild Stuttgart )
 and our first challenge was to use men's shirting to make a modern project with them.
 I love what the ladies did with their men's shirting fabric.
 My Friday church group and I are making baby quilt for charity, size about 40 inch by 50 inch, so this    was a perfect project for me. Simple but stunning , and the right size.




I found weeks before this free quilt pattern at Jo-Ann's , and it was perfect for this challenge.
 Just maybe because it had my favorite color in it. 
My baby quilt measures 42 inches by 50 inches. 
I used a light grey back ground fabric and quilted small and medium swirls onto the quilt. 


                                                 

Good thing I  had just mowed my lawn, so I was able to throw the quilt out onto the lawn in the sunshine and take a picture. 
Check out  here what Aby came up with with her challenge, awesome! 



3 comments:

quilthexle said...

Stunning is the word I would use for this beauty !

Corinnea said...

Gorgeous Tina!!!

Aby Dolinger said...

I love it, Tina. Thanks for linking to my blog.